Friday, February 11, 2011

What a difference a week makes!!

The weather here as been CRAZY over the past few weeks!!!  Friday, January 28th we visited the park with our friends (and neighbors) Kristin and Sutton.  It was nearly 75 degrees outside........


Say Cheeeeeeese


Then the NEXT Friday, February 4th, we woke up to find this in our yard......


Sutton: "Dude, it's cold out here."
Matthew: "It sure is, and they have us in this darn wagon....again!"


At this point Matthew had enough pictures, he either wanted to be out in the snow playing or in the warm house, NOT in the wagon 


The front of our house.  I was standing in the middle of the street taking this picture.  You can barely see where the sidewalk/curb ends and the street begins. 


I don't think Matthew will be swinging in his swing today!


Our backyard after the dogs ran through the snow.  The bricks around the trees are stacked 2 high and they are almost covered in snow!


Bryan and I have 2 friends who live on our street.  The Brewer's live diagonally across the street from us and the Renshaw's are our next door neighbors.  Several of our other friends live in the neighborhood as well.  After some of us ate lunch together and hung out the boys decided to take Ben Wheeler's jeep out and "explore".  Ben, Bryan, Chris Brewer, and Trey Renshaw loaded up in the jeep and headed out in snow gear and a turtle shell sled.......trouble!  

Here's a picture of one of the guys (I can't really tell who it is, but I think it might be Trey).  
Yes that's 635 behind them... 
Yes I'm really glad I did not hear of their adventures until they were safe and sound at home... 
No nobody got hurt... 
Yes they did get stuck but were able to get free... 
Yes a cop saw them but he just waved at them...
  
BOYS WILL BE BOYS!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey friend!! How did I not know you had a blog?!! I'm glad I found you and can keep up with your sweet family! Looks like y'all had lots of fun in the snow:)

    ReplyDelete