Thursday, September 9, 2010

First Day of School...Well, Mothers Day Out!!!!

We hit another milestone today!!  Matthew is now attending a Mother's Day Out program at a local church.  My good friend, Janet, recommended a school at the Christ United Methodist Church since our church does not have a Mother's Day Out.  Her daughter Marin attended the program last year and loved it so I thought Matthew would have a great time as well!

This morning was filled with rushing around trying to get Matthew and myself ready but we paused for a few pictures!  Here's Matthew with his new backpack and lunch box.




While we were waiting in the car I snapped a few pictures of him holding his lunch box.




Here's Marin and Matthew before heading inside!!




I tried to get Matthew to stand in front of the school bus painted on the wall but he didn't want any part of it!!


Here are all the names of the kids in his class, lots of boys!




Here's Matthew and his teacher, Ms. Kate.  As soon as he saw his classroom he walked in and then ran out to play in the hallway a little more.  When I picked him up to take him back to his room he started crying and he didn't stop until she turned on some music, any guesses on what song played first?????  Luckily for Ms. Kate "The Farmer In the Dell" was the first song and it worked like a charm!!  I'm hoping he cheered up once more kiddo's showed up, we were the first ones there.  This is a good shot of his classroom - thanks Janet!  (I was hiding around the corner)



This picture means so many things......
1. Yea!!! He's off to his first day!  
2. Yea!!!  We made it through the rush of the morning!
3. Yea!!!  I didn't forget anything!  
4. Yea!!!  I have 5 hours to do whatever I want to do!  
5. And most importantly, Yea!!!  I didn't cry!  
My sister and I had a bet on if I would cry or not...I WON!!!  But I have to admit, if we didn't have that bet I probably would have shed a few tears!


I'm praying he has a good time and has fun with all his new friends!!  I can't wait to see what this year will bring!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Courtney, he is growing up so fast. I love all the pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us. I am proud of you for not crying too! I hope he has a wonderful year at his first school. Good job, Mom! :)

    ReplyDelete