Saturday, October 2, 2010

Football!!!

It's that time of year again!!  Last night was our first time to see my cousin Russell play football this season.  There have been a few illnesses going around in the Stone household that have kept us from doing much of anything the past 4 weeks.  So we were really excited to head to Arlington for the Martin vs. Arlington football game!

On the way in the gate we ran into my good friends Lance, his wife Tayler, and Tyler Parrish.  I grew up with Lance and Tyler and Lance is now the youth minister at our home church, Pleasant Ridge.  Weird huh?!?!  The youth group has this thing called 5th quarter where they go to a football game and then have a devo afterwards at someones house.  They decided to go to the Martin/Arlington game since it's a pretty big rivalry.  I didn't know they would be there so it was a nice surprise to run into them!!  They ended up sitting with our family (which they are practically apart of anyway) and we chated the whole game.  They made fun of me and my sister since we were sitting on the Martin side after graduating from Arlington.  :)

Martin ended up winning the game by 20 points!  Here's a picture of Russell and Matthew taken after the game around 10:45, WAY past Matthew's bedtime.  He had been a trooper the whole game so I wasn't surprised he got fussy once it was over.



I am so proud of Russell!!  He has awesome grades, is involved in extracurricular activities, and has recently committed to playing football for Purdue!!  It'll be sad not being able to watch him play every Friday night next year but I am really excited for opportunities he will have while in college!!  It's hard to imagine my youngest cousin is old enough to go to college.  Seish I'm getting old!

No comments:

Post a Comment