Thursday, July 22, 2010

18 Month Check-Up

This past Monday Matthew turned 18 months old! Man, where has the time gone?!?! He is getting so big and is a lot of fun right now. He continues to intently observe people and things around him. He will watch everyone else try to figure things out and then do them perfectly himself during his first few attempts. I thought he would never pull to stand, cruise around furniture, or walk. But one day he pulled up next to the coffee table then walked around it like it was no big deal. A few weeks ago he started walking with Bryan and I coaxing him with his favorite toys and acting really excited as he walked. Then last week as I sat at the kitchen table working on his baby book (yes, I realize I'm behind!) he walked around the dining room and kitchen without us having to bribe him!! Each day he takes more steps than the day before and I know he'll be running around the house in no time!! I'm just amazed at all he has learned in one year! I have so much respect for him and other little kiddo's who have to figure out this world and how everything works!!

Here is a picture with his pediatrician, Dr. Blair, who was just named as one of Dallas' best pediatricians. He's great and we love going to his practice! During the doctor's visit they measured Matthew and he is growing quite nicely. He is 26 pounds 8 ounces (60th percentile), 34 1/4 inches long (97th percentile-go figure!), and his head is 18 7/8 inches around (70th percentile). Good job Matthew!!


No comments:

Post a Comment