Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Girls Weekend and Happy Feet!!

At least once a year a group of my friends from Pate Rehab. get together for a weekend girls trip. This year Mary, Sarah, Stacey, and I decided to have our weekend in Dallas. Friday night we met up at Manny's Mexican Restaurant in Uptown Dallas and had some really good food. After dinner we headed to our hotel, The Crescent. The hotel was so fancy! They had turn down service and they left a note on our bed telling us the weather forecast for the next day and whether we needed sunglasses or an umbrella. When we first arrived we decided we didn't want to sleep the day away on Saturday (even though we really wanted to!). But after staying up until 2:00ish we decided to just get up when we got up! By the time all of us woke up and got ready it was nearly noon. It was really nice to just get up and get ready! Usually the first thing I do when I wake up is get Matthew fed and ready for the day. On Saturday I had no one to worry about but myself!!

For Brunch we decided to walk to Dream Cafe, which was a few blocks away. There we feasted on Breakfast Taco's, Pancakes, and Fruit. After brunch we headed up to Allen to shop at their outdoor mall. We had a lot of fun looking in all the stores and eating Frozen Yogurt, yummy!!! After shopping we decided we'd like a pedicure after all that walking in the Texas summer heat! On our way back towards downtown we were discussing where we should go and no-one could decide. Stacey remembered the girl who cuts our hair had previously suggested a nail place called the Hawaiian Nail Bar, so we decided to check it out. Man am I glad we went there!!! Here are a few pictures hi lighting our experience.

This is what our feet soaked in at the very beginning. Orange slices, Lime slices, and rose petals!


We each got the Aloe Vera Pedicure and these are all the different scrubs/lotions they used during the course of our 2 HOUR pedicure, that's right 2 HOURS!!!!!


First they put this purple stuff in the water to make the water smell good and soft. After our feet soaked in the water for a bit the nail technician came over and started scrubbing the dead skin off our feet. For me this took a while since I walk barefoot on our concrete floors all day and don't take good care of my feet. I believe Mary said it looked like the lady was "grating parmesan cheese". Gotta love a friend who's honest with ya!!


After the scrub the technician put Aloe Vera all over our feet and legs. The leaves were what was in the bowl of ice on the tray from the picture above. My lady said the owner grows all the plants and makes all their lotions/scrubs and everything is organic.
After she washed off the Aloe Vera she wrapped my legs in warm towels and put my feet in bags of paraffin wax!!


After the paraffin came the BEST part of the entire process....a 20 minute foot and leg massage! She massaged my knee, behind my knee, up and down my leg, my heels, my feet, and each of my toes. I was so relaxed I almost fell asleep!! When our massage was finished we had our toenails painted and here is the final product (unfortunately Mary had already left when we took this picture Sunday afternoon)....


After our A-mazing pedicure we went to dinner and then went back to our hotel and hung out a little more before going to bed. Sunday morning Mary had to leave first thing to get a few things done before she flew out that afternoon for work. So Sarah, Stacey, and I grabbed breakfast at Paradise Bakery before taking Sarah to the airport and heading home.

The weekend was so much fun and incredibly relaxing! I cannot wait to spend another great weekend with great friends!! Rockport perhaps??????

No comments:

Post a Comment