Thursday, July 29, 2010

Family Fun!

Matthew and I have been busy this week visiting my grandparents, cousin, aunt, and sister!

On Tuesday Matthew and I drove to Arlington to hang out and eat lunch with Grandmomie, Aunt Cassie, and my cousin Melissa. We spent some time at Grandmomie's house where Matthew decided he'd like to take a picture with my camera.




After we hung out a for a little bit we decided to eat lunch at Grandmomie's favorite restaurant, The Black Eyed Pea. Matthew did not want ANY of his lunch, all he wanted were the rolls. So, I had to get a little sneaky by hiding his turkey and green beans inside the pieces of rolls I was giving him. After we all finished eating Matthew enjoyed playing cars with Grandmomie.


When we were finished eating we went back to Grandmomie's house to spend a little more time together before heading home for a nap. Matthew liked sitting in Grandmomie's lap and petting her dog Lucky. The fact that Lucky let Matthew pet him is amazing!! This dog does not like anyone to touch him except for my grandmother. The moment you reach down to try and pet him he runs away.


Matthew has recently started walking everywhere so I took a few snapshots of him exploring Grandmomie's house on his feet.



Around 1:00 we headed home for a nap except Matthew was asleep by the time we stopped at the red light at the end of Grandmomie's street!

On Wednesday Matthew and I headed to my Aunt Piper's house in Richardson to see her, Pawpaw, and Mawmaw. At Aunt Pipers house Matthew enjoyed throwing his ball to Pawpaw but I think his favorite part might have been (unfortunately) discovering the cabinet that had all the dog toys and remotes in it. After he found this cabinet it was hard to distract him with anything else but it was time to head to lunch anyway!

I think Matthew made up for lost food that day! He ate green beans, turkey, cheese, Aunt Piper's roll, an onion ring, and a few of Pawpaws french fries. He was a bottomless pit!! After eating this feast he showed Pawpaw how to roll his cars on the table.



After lunch we headed home!

Today we spent the morning with my friend Meagan and then tomorrow we are spending some time with Janet and Marin Wheeler! This has been quite a busy week but it has also been a whole lot of fun!! Matthew enjoys seeing all his family and good friends (and I do too)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment