Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bryan's Work Christmas Party

For the past 2 years Bryan has worked at TXU in Las Colinas.  He loves being so close to home, only about a 15 minute drive which is great for the metroplex!  He also enjoys his job and the people he works with, which is a huge bonus.

Last year the company did not have a Christmas party due to the economy but they resumed with their partying this year!  I was really nervous since I've only met 3 people from his work and this was a cocktail event.  I'm more of a t-shirt and jeans kind of gal!  As you can imagine, I waited until the last possible minute to buy a dress but luckily I found one I loved pretty quickly!!

In the end the party was a lot of fun!  Cassie (my sister) came over to spend the night and take care of Matthew.  After taking pictures Bryan and I headed off to The Sheraton in Downtown Dallas.  As we were parking we rounded and rounded and rounded the parking garage until we were pretty close to the top.  It was a bit chilly outside so we hurried to the elevator and found the party.  As we walked in I became completely overwhelmed.  The ballroom was really dark and there were tables with people EVERYWHERE.  Bryan and I kind of stood there a second while he tried to see if he knew anyone.  We eventually headed over to the buffet and fixed a plate of food.  As we winded through the tables Bryan decided to sit at an empty one since he didn't see anyone he recognized yet.  This was fine with me since I needed a minute to get ready for some small talk (I hate small talking with strangers, you know what I mean?!?!).  After about 5 minutes a gentleman who knew Bryan came over with his wife.  They introduced themselves to me and proceeded to sit next to me at the table. The table filled up with 2 other couples Bryan worked with (one being his boss who I had met at the White Rock Marathon) and as they were making small talk Bryan leaned over and told me the couple sitting next to me was the CEO and his wife.  WHAT?!?!  The CEO, I have to small talk with the CEO......Oh geez, now I'm really nervous.  I felt that if I said anything wrong it would reflect poorly on Bryan.  I know, not the best logic, but it's what I felt at the time.  Eventually the CEO's wife and I started a good conversation and by the end of dinner she was asking her husband if they could hang out with us while we went to the gambling tables.  Bryan was impressed that I hit it off so well, and I was too.  I felt like I was in High School again being accepted by the "cool kids" :)  The rest of the evening was spent gambling for tickets for the raffle at the end of the night.  Bryan and I stayed at the craps table and when they announced the last roll Bryan put 1000 on a one time roll.  It ended up working out for him because he won like 14000 on it!  However, needless to say, we did not win the raffle.

After the party was over we headed to the parking garage only to realize neither one of us payed attention to where we parked.  Uh oh....by this time it was frigid outside and I didn't have a jacket (it didn't go with my dress :)  So I was really kicking myself!  We decided to just ride the elevator up and then walk down until we saw our car.  We knew the car was more likely to be towards the top of the garage than at the bottom and we would rather walk down the ramps than up!!  We eventually found our car and warmed up!

Bryan used to work for Price Waterhouse Coopers and we knew they were having their Christmas party at the Neiman Marcus downtown but we didn't know if was that night or Saturday night.  We decided to drive by the store to see what was going on and if we saw anyone we knew.  It turned out that their party was the next night but it was really cool to see the store at Christmas time, it looked really pretty all lit up!

I'm really glad we went because we both had a lot of fun and I look forward to the next party!

Here's some of the photo's we took before leaving




1 comment: