Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Christmas 2010

Matthew really enjoyed his 2nd Christmas!  Last year he was old enough to tear the paper off his presents but he didn't really get the idea unless he was prompted, A LOT.  This year he knew how it went!  Anytime you laid a present infront of him he would tear into it without anyone saying a word.  It was really neat watching him opening all his presents.


Matthew loves this new toy from Uncle Tim!  It has the alphabet, animals, numbers, a clock, and music....all of Matthew's favorites!


The hot item in our stockings this year was lottery tickets.  Matthew decided he'd like to help me with mine...


We spent Christmas afternoon/evening at Bryan's cousins house who lives about 20 minutes outside of Abilene.  They have a few farm animals and Matthew really enjoyed "playing" with their horse.  Anytime we went outside he ran over to the fence.


Not my best picture (or even close) but Bryan and Matthew look good so I'm putting my vanity aside to share a good photo of them ;)


Matthew feeding the horse acorns


Yes it was cold that day, No Matthew doesn't have any gloves or mittens, Yes we tried taking him inside once we saw his hands were bright red, YES he screamed his head off because he didn't want to leave the horse...



Mam-maw with her grandchildren, and great-grandchildren


The Stone Family (minus a few others)


Since Christmas was in Abilene, I visited my Grandmother in Arlington once we got back.  Cassie (my sister) and Melissa (my cousin) met us at her house.  We opened presents and ate lunch at Olive Garden, yummmmm!


Matthew loves his new Elmo guitar!


After lunch we tried taking pictures but Matthew was having a hard time sitting in anyone's lap.  It was past his nap time and I think he was just worn out from being out of town for a whole week.  We got back into town on Monday around 11:00 PM and we went to Grandmomie's house on Tuesday morning so he didn't get a lot of time to readjust to being home.


Here's Melissa trying to get a picture with Grandmomie's camera.  I thought it was funny Grandmomie got on the floor with him :)


That next Saturday my moms family came over to our house to celebrate Christmas with Bryan, Matthew, and I.  They all got together Christmas Eve but they waited for us to do the gift exchange.  Right before we ate lunch we gathered in the living room for a prayer.  Matthew held onto my grandmothers and my moms hands during the entire prayer, he was such a good little boy!  My aunt wanted to get a picture of it so we did a "do over" prayer.  Only difference was when Matthew saw Aunt Piper holding the camera he looked at her and said "cheeeeeeeese"!  Of course my mom thought this was hilarious...



Pawpaw and Mawmaw enjoying lunch with their great-grandson.  They are about to be great-grandparents again to a baby girl, Adeline, in March!! 


Matthew opening his last Christmas present


He got these awesome trucks from Pawpaw, Mawmaw, and The Greats (my Uncle David and Aunt Piper).  The dump truck and cement truck are made out of real metal so they are really sturdy and will last a while!  Matthew likes wearing his construction hat.  Sometimes I'll catch him wearing it around the house while he's playing with other toys.



Christmas 2010 was a great one.  We are so blessed to have such wonderful family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment